1300 027 747
379 Elizabeth Street, North Hobart
Leave your details and we’ll contact you as soon as possible
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please note, the information provided here is intended as a guide only for claims under the Tasmanian Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Scheme and is not to be used as legal advice. For further and more detailed information, specific legal advice or assistance about your matter, please contact us.

What happens when I make my claim for workers compensation?
Your employer has 84 days within which to either accept or dispute your claim. During this period of time, you are entitled to receive without prejudice weekly payments of compensation and the payment of medical expenses up to an amount of $5,000.

What happens if my claim is disputed?

Your matter will be referred to the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Tribunal for determination by a Commissioner. If your matter is disputed, you will receive formal notification in writing.

Do I have to talk to a factual investigator?
No, you do not have to speak to a factual investigator who has been engaged by your employer/insurer. Whether you give a factual statement is entirely a matter for you.

Do I have to attend an independent medical examination?
Yes, you do. Your employer/insurer is entitled to have you examined once every 3 months per specialist type. The circumstances of the examination, such as time, place and notice must be reasonable.

Can I see my own primary treating medical practitioner (GP)?
Yes. You are entitled to choose your own GP.

Can I change GP’s?
Yes, you can. If you decide to do so, you must:

  • Advise your employer of the name of your GP; and
  • Authorise the transfer of your medical records to your new GP

Is anyone else entitled to attend GP appointments with me?
No, not as a matter of right. It is entirely up to you as the injured worker whether you permit others to attend GP appointments with you.

Print this